Thursday, May 20, 2010

School House Rock


Hannah was in a play last week that she has been working on for the last two months. Her teacher this year is also the director and after seeing the school's Peter Pan, which was earlier in the year, just knew she wanted to be a part of it.

So how many of you remember School House Rock?

I don't think I ever saw a real episode of it, although I was surprised to find that I am somehow familiar with most of the songs. You know... like Conjunction Junction and Three Is the Magic Number (you probably know the Jack Johnson version, right?) Hannah got to sing duet with a girl named Cassandra on Elbow Room and had a small speaking part. Her real debut happened during the song Interplanet Janet where she was THE Interplanet Janet - in all of her silver spandex outfit, iridescent cape glory!

The play ran two nights, June 13th and 14th. Saturday's was the best as they had the chance to work out the kinks at Fridays performance. I have video that will be coming but I wanted to get this posted before the next event happens and I miss sharing altogether. Here is Hannah with her flowers from the family and gift from SueAnnie and Rachel. The spandex is pretty impressive on its own. I know you can't WAIT to see the full get-up!


It really is fun to have kids in these crazy-sorts of productions!

No comments:

Post a Comment