Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School


No tears at my house this morning. We have had a lot of fun this summer between vacations with family and a lot of pool time, but my kids are bored (too much tv and and too many house chores). They are ready for some stimulated learning and friends that aren't siblings (as great as they are). Alden was thrilled that it has finally become his turn with K4 every morning, Ethan is in 1st, Isaac 4th, and Hannah 6th. Where has the time gone? My oldest wishes that 6th were really at a middle school like some of her other friends and my baby is no longer a baby.

As for me, Dave thought I would be sad to loose Alden but I am celebrating in a little freedom. Two and a half hours every morning. A little time to accomplish the many jobs around my house that I never get to and to recommit to getting some exercise in an effort to fight this aging process that is so obvious as a parent of four. I have to admit that while I was productive this morning, the quiet was a little weird.

And so we resume another school year full of school, homework, piano lessons, and soccer. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! All of them gone. Wild thought! And I remember Dave having a pair of glasses somewhat similar to those of Hannah's way back when Sally Jesse Raphael was big with hers!!

    ReplyDelete